July 31, 2020
Dear Antioch Family & Friends,
On Sunday, August 2 we begin to re-assemble in a small group for worship services at 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 11 a.m. If you plan to attend, you must register for worship services. Seating is available on a first come first serve basis. Anytime you are in the worship facility you will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
A few people have asked about the attire. Antioch does not have a dress code. However, we are recommending business casual to casual attire. We want you to be comfortable in worship as you wear your masks and practice social distancing.
We will broadcast this Sunday Services live at 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 11:00 a.m. The services can be accessed via LiveStream, YouTube, and FaceBook. You can reach each platform directly or from the antioch-church.org web-site.
I can’t overemphasize that if you are in one or more of the high-risk categories, we encourage you to continue streaming services. In addition, if you have been in contact with an infected person or have been traveling out of the area, we ask that you not attend until after the recommended 14-day self-quarantine period.
When you arrive to worship, you will sit in open pews. Some pews have been restricted from use to promote social distancing. You must wear a mask and other than persons from the same household you are asked to use social distancing in the pews. Please be sure to wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer if you are not able to wash your hands with soap and water. But as soon as you get home please wash your hands. Everyone 2 years and older will be required to wear a mask to enter the building. We want you to keep your mask on during the worship service. If you have a situation that you are not able to wear as mask, respectfully, we ask that you view the services from home.
Please continue to pray in faith asking God to bring an end to the Coronavirus. We know that God is able. We must continue to keep this in prayer.
Here are some hot points at Antioch:
If you or someone you know is struggling emotionally during this time, please reach out to your Deacon/Deaconess, Ministers, and other professionals to assist. In the case of an emergency, call “911.” The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline number is “1-800-273-8255.” You can also text PRS CrisisText and text the word “CONNECT” to “855-11” or call the CrisisLink hotline at (703) 527-4077.
Keep praying for God to bring an end to the COVID-19 virus.
God bless you,
Marshal L. Ausberry, Sr.
If you do not feel well or are experiencing a fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or flu-like symptoms, please get appropriate medical attention and do not come to worship that day
• We STRONGLY encourage those in our more vulnerable groups (age 65+ and seniors/others with underlying health conditions, and / or immune-deficiencies, etc.) to remain at home and continue your worship through our online platforms.
• If you are uncertain about whether or not you should attend worship services, please consult with your personal medical professional.
• Use the restroom before leaving home.
• You are required to bring and wear your own mask/face covering (unless you have a documented medical condition). We will have one-time use masks available should you forget to bring your personal mask.
o Children 2 and under are not required to wear a mask per CDC guidelines.
Worship services are scheduled for 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 a.m. Each service will run for approximately 45 minutes.
• Please pre-register for the service you plan to attend as space is limited due to distancing requirements. You can pre-register at the Antioch website (www.antioch-church.org). Please bring your pre-registration form with you.
• You will not be allowed to enter the Sanctuary until 15 minutes prior to the start of the service. If you arrive early, please remain in your vehicle until time to enter.
• Sunday school and Christian Education classes will continue their online delivery using our online platforms.
• The Sunday bulletin will be available on-line and for download.
We will not be passing offering plates. We encourage you to give on-line.
However, we will have collection boxes available for you to deposit your offerings.
• We ask you to engage in social distancing, maintaining a 6-foot separation between one another, except for individual families. Please no handshaking, hugging, etc.
• We will utilize seating in every other pew.
• On Communion Sundays you will obtain your pre-packaged elements before you enter the Sanctuary. If you happen to forget to pick up your communion elements, please raise your hand during Communion and a designated attendant will bring one to you.
• Interior doors will remain open until service starts. During service the center doors will be closed. The other doors to the lobby will remain open.
• Baptisms will not be held until social distancing restrictions ease.
The parking ministry will monitor the parking lots to encourage social distancing.
• If you arrive early, please remain in your vehicle as entry into the Sanctuary will not be allowed until 15 minutes prior to the start of the service.
The Worship Center has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized and will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each service.
• All chemicals used in our sanitizing and cleaning have been approved by the CDC and approved to be effective against COVID-19.
• All air handling systems have been cleaned and sanitized.
• We have increased the number of hand-sanitizing stations.
We have designed a one-way flow to enter the Worship Center through the main entrance and three sets of internal doors. When service begins, we will close the center doors; the outside doors to enter the Sanctuary will remain propped open.
• At the end of each service you will be directed to which door(s) to exit according
to the section of pews you are sitting. This will allow for an orderly exit and allow the cleaning process to begin in preparation for the next service.
• If you are seated in the center pews, you will exit through the center doors.
• If you are seated in the outer section of pews, you will exit through the side door closest to where you are sitting. If you have concerns about navigating steps, please notify an usher, so arrangements can be made for you to exit.
• Please keep your hats, coats, personal items, etc. with you. Do not place them in the coat closet.
Antioch Baptist Church
6531 Little Ox Rd, Fairfax Station, VA 22039, US
Copyright © 2019 Antioch Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder